Subject: Information Request - Residence By Investment [London School of Economics]
From: "Pineros,S \(pgt\)" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "MKM info"
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 18:31:15 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Hi,

I am a researcher at the London School of Economics and am carrying out 
academic research on investment migration programs under Prof. Kristin 
Surak. Our aim is to build and update a dataset on the demographic uptake 
and economic outcomes of investment migration programs across the world to 
better understand the factors that impact supply and demand, as well as the 
economic impact for the host countries. Our prior research and publications 
in this area can be found here: 
<https://www.lse.ac.uk/sociology/people/kristin-surak> 
https://www.lse.ac.uk/sociology/people/kristin-surak.

In a recent study, for example, members of our team examined the 
macroeconomic effects of residence by investment programs in the European 
Union and found that the programs in several countries have a significant 
impact in attracting foreign investment, but only in specific economic 
fields (see 
<https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1369183X.2021.1915755> 
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1369183X.2021.1915755  ).

We are now completing and updating a dataset of all country cases globally. 
For the entry on Estonia, I would like to request the following information 
on the residence by investment program began for each year in 2017.

*	Number of applications Received;
*	Number of applications Approved;
*	Number of accompanying family members Approved;
*	Number of applications Approved by type of investment (bank deposit, real 
estate, business investment, stocks/funds/ETF investments, government bonds, 
donations, new jobs, others);
*	Amount of investment made by type of investment (bank deposit, real 
estate, business investment, stocks/funds/ETF investments, government bonds, 
donations, new jobs, others);
*	Number of applications Rejected;
*	Number of visas Renewed;
*	Comments.

*	If a real estate investment, the area of the country in which the 
investment is made.
*	If a government donation, how the funds are allocated?

*	Country of origin of the main applicants;
*	Country of origin of the main applicant approvals;
*	Country of origin of the main applicant renewals.

To facilitate this process, I have included an Excel file with two tabs: 
"Data" and "ByCountryOrigin". We would be grateful if you could kindly 
review the existing information, verify its accuracy and make any necessary 
updates, input the data directly into the attached template, and return it 
to us at your earliest convenience.

The data will be for academic research purposes only.  We are happy to share 
our research results, which may be of interest in future policymaking or 
program evaluations as we aim to compare outcomes across countries.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. 
Thank you very much for your consideration.

Best regards,

Sara Pineros

Sara Pineros

Research Assistant | Sociology

The London School of Economics and Political Science

Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE

e:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]